The developers published some new pictures and detailed technical information about the upcoming first synthesizer by the British manufacturer UDO Audio.
The Super 6 is a 12-voice polyphonic, Binaural Analog-Hybrid Synthesizer. A harmonious marriage of state of the art FPGA digital hardware oscillators and Voltage Controlled Analog technology.
It is flexible, immediate, powerful and has made a lot of listeners curious at SUPERBOOTH19. It presented itself with rich and evolving textures from the unique Super-Wavetable core and can be shaped and manipulated with the binaural analog signal path and flexible modulation. Robust, compact and inviting to pick up and play with smooth, solid and responsive controls throughout. The Super 6 seems to a synth that is inviting to play and to interact with.
Short Form Specification
- 12-Voice Polyphonic Analog-Hybrid Synthesizer
- 4 Octave Fatar Keyboard with Velocity and Aftertouch, Expression and Sustain
- Binaural Analog Signal Path for Stereo Movement and Spatial Effects
- 7-core Super-Wavetable Main Oscillator with Waveform Download
- DDS Oscillator 2 with FM, Sync, Sub Oscillator and X-Fade Modes
- Flexible Hybrid FPGA & Analog Voice Architecture
- Robustly Built with Solid, Playable Controls
- Multi-purpose Flexible LFOs, Envelopes & Modulation Matrix
- Arpeggiator & Step Sequencer
- External Audio Input with Audio Trigger
- Dual Stereo 24-bit Digital Effects
It is expected to see the Super 6 in the wild by the end of the year! Here are some more impressions of what to expect: